JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Program Director
PREPARED DATE: 9/26/2016
Basic Purpose of the Job: To oversee ZMC front desk and to assist ZMC Directors and Clinic Facilitators in areas of office and program management. In addition, be a point of contact and leadership for desk operations as needed. Responsible for quality control with all clinic and instructional space, student library equipment, and to oversee general Student clinic and LMT schedules and treatment bookings. To consult with clients in coordinating clinic services towards their needs in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintaining a consistently professional, cheerful and pleasant demeanor to ensure that the front office is a welcoming and pleasant place for students, guests and staff members.
- Ensuring that at all times conversations in the reception area are appropriate, professional and supportive of students, guests and other staff members.
- Establishing, maintaining, updating clinic schedules for students and licensed graduate massage therapists.
- Scheduling client appointments in the student and graduate massage therapy clinic.
- Assist in promoting upcoming course enrollment and massage therapy sessions.
- Opening and Closing Administration Office and Classrooms.
- Oversee Student Computer Center i.e. computer maintenance, ambiance, etc.
- Answering incoming phone calls, returning voicemails and emails in a timely manner.
- Facilitating outgoing calls to clients, vendors, and property management.
- Sign for incoming packages and check mail.
- Assist faculty and administration in daily tasks & preparation.
- Basic setup and maintenance of office equipment.
- Address and resolve client complaints or sales disputes.
- Assist in maintaining & organize client and administration files.
- Professionally, communicate daily information and customer service training to students and staff.
- Daily walkthrough paying attention to the ‘details’ and ensuring cleanliness.
- Assist the Clinic Facilitators in orienting and training new students to clinic and new employees to their position.
- Ensure compliance of school policies and procedures.
- Assist with staff and student meetings as necessary.
- Assist in the review and communication process with students and employees.
- Perform all related Quickbooks and Accounting duties as assigned.
- Printing of clinic menus, intake forms, feedback forms, ICE forms, New Employee Forms and other documents as assigned.
- Use spa management (MindBody) software to:
- Enroll new students & track student attendance
- Maintain student calendar
- Manage student clinic and LMT scheduling
- Book client sessions
- Record cash, credit, and check sales & returns
- Schedule upcoming classes and continuing education courses
- Maintain retail and textbook inventory (as well as in Square)
- Accept and record student tuition and textbook sales
Qualifications (*Required trait):
- High level of Emotional Intelligence and professionalism with an understanding that both our students and clients are customers.*
- Consistently Friendly, outgoing, empathetically effective communication skills*
- Committed to consistently delivering remarkable customer service*
- Experienced with spa management software similar to MindBody
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook*
- Familiar with Google platforms such as Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar*
- Licensed or educated in the massage industry and can easily recommend specific modalities for common ailments
- Self-managing, detail oriented, organized, and time efficient*
- High motivation and team/win-win attitude*
- Honest and ethical*
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- Experience in Supervision of Associates required.
- Hospitality experience a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with customers, administrators and employees. Ability to portray professionalism in speech (both verbal and nonverbal).
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving various situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, pivot, or walk intermittently for long periods of time as well as lift, pull, or push equipment weighing up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Full-time Administrative Assistant position in the ZMC office. The position is guaranteed Monday – Friday , 8:45am – 5:15pm with a required unpaid 30 minute lunch; unpaid vacation time on mosts federal holidays; and unpaid summer and winter holiday vacation. (which correspond with the 4th of July and Christmas/Hanukkah holidays).
Position also includes: 1 week of paid vacation upon receiving a favorable employee review and the completion of 1 full year of employment. Please see the ZMC Staff Member Handbook for more detail.
Part Time Administrative Assistant position in the ZMC office. The position is guaranteed Monday – Friday , 8:45am – 11:45 a.m. or 12:20 p.m. – 5:20 p.m. with unpaid vacation time on mosts federal holidays; and unpaid summer and winter holiday breaks (which correspond with the 4th of July and Christmas/Hanukkah holidays).
A spirit of teamwork and do whatever it takes attitude, willing to work extended hours and deal professionally with staff and clients. The ability to communicate verbal and written information. A common sense approach in conveying ideas, responsibilities and policies with clients and employees. Problem solving skills a must and a great sense of humor is essential. The ability to smooth over problems and create a sense of satisfaction to the client and employees.
Employees must fulfill their performance standards and comply with policies, rules and procedures of ZMC, including those set in the Employee and Staff handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees. The job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description is subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by ZMC. Employees are required to comply with instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by the Director.
I acknowledge that I have read, understand and will follow the duties, procedures, and policies outlined in this job description.
Name _______________________________ Signature ______________________________