JOB TITLE: Clinic Facilitator
REPORTS TO: Program Director
PREPARED DATE: 3/16/2017
Basic Purpose of the Job: The primary responsibilities of the clinic facilitator are to oversee students by observing, mentoring, reviewing, providing assistance, documenting the students clinical massage hours and providing a grade at the culmination of the student’s clinical massage therapy internship.
The clinic facilitator is available and able to answer student’s questions regarding massage technique, body mechanics, ethical decision making, pathology, anatomy, hygiene, sanitation and common work-place dilemmas. The clinic facilitator is responsible for enforcing all ZMC policies and should be continually mindful of student and guest safety. The clinic facilitator is also responsible for ensuring that ZMC’s ICE (Inappropriate Client Education) policy is followed. (Please refer to ZMC ICE policy, Student Handbook and the Student Clinical Internship Contract)
As a mentor for ZMC’s students, the clinic facilitator is expected to model the highest ethical and professional standards and to adhere to the ethical standards of ZMC and the professional organizations to which the school affiliates. Namely, the clinic facilitator should adhere to all ethical and professional standards as outlined by AMTA, ABMP and NCBTMB.
The clinic facilitator observes and assists students on an hourly basis and as needed during clinic hours. The clinic facilitator encourages students to contact him/her with questions and concerns during their clinical internship.
In addition, the clinic facilitator is responsible for quality control of the clinic/ instructional space. The clinic facilitator is responsible for set up of the clinic space and for overseeing the students as they “break down” the clinic space upon completion of their assigned clinic internship appointments. As time permits, the clinic facilitator may also assist in general student clinic and LMT treatment bookings and consult with clients in coordinating clinic services, in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate a thorough and reasonable working knowledge of all facets of ZMC and ZMC policies.
- Document student clinic hours on each student therapist’s course syllabus.
- Ensure compliance of school policies and procedures, including clinic dress standards.
- Serve as an example of ethical and professional excellence both in the clinical setting and within the community.
- Perform and manage the opening and closing clinic areas.
- Orient and train new students in clinic.
- Educate students by providing one on one assistance with their massage therapy questions.
- Provide ongoing support and reiteration of training to students.
- Assist with customer service training for students.
- Mentor and assist students in making decisions which are ethical and professional.
- Reiterate with students, key ethical concepts to help them further understand and respond to ethical situations such as power differentials, transference and counter-transference.
- Perform an hourly walk through of clinic space to observe and assist students as they perform massage therapy techniques and, to pay attention and respond to the ‘details’ of the clinic environment including noise level, temperature and cleanliness.
- Prepare towels and supplies needed for specialty massage sessions.
- Perform reviews on student clinic performance and communicate involved in the review process with students.
- Have a working knowledge MindBody software and be able to book client sessions and record cash, credit, & check sales.
- Ensure students are following proper clinic procedure for client pickup, time management, and the close of each treatment..
- Manage noise level in the clinic setting.
- Manage and assist students during treatment session including adjusting technique, body mechanics, and any adjustments to help facilitate a more effective and safe session.
- Pull client files for students on the computer and fill out feedback forms for the student.
- Assist front desk staff with clinic duties, only when time permits and does not interfere with the clinic facilitators primary duties.
Qualifications (*Required trait):
- Friendly, outgoing, empathetically effective communication skills, in person or otherwise*
- Committed to consistently delivering remarkable customer service*
- Experienced with spa management software similar to MindBody
- Familiar with Google platforms such as Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar*
- Licensed massage therapist in the industry and can easily recommend specific modalities for common ailments as well as assist students during their sessions.
- Self-managing, detail oriented, organized, and time efficient*
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- License in Massage Therapy in the State of Utah Required.
- Experience in Supervision of Employees or Students preferred.
- Hospitality experience required.
- Must be an LMT for a minimum of 2 years.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or students. Ability to portray professionalism in speech (both verbal and nonverbal).
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving various situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, pivot, or walk intermittently for long periods of time as well as lift, pull, or push equipment weighing up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Part-time facilitator position in the clinic setting. The position is guaranteed Tuesday – Thursday, 12:30pm – 5:15pm; Fridays 9:30am – 4:00pm; Saturdays 10:30am – 4:30pm with unpaid vacation time on mosts federal holidays; and unpaid spring, summer, fall, and winter vacation.
A spirit of teamwork and do whatever it takes attitude, willing to work extended hours and deal professionally with staff and clients. The ability to communicate verbal and written information. A common sense approach in conveying ideas, responsibilities and policies with clients and employees. Problem solving skills a must and a great sense of humor is essential. The ability to smooth over problems and create a sense of satisfaction to the client and employees.
Employees must fulfill their performance standards and comply with policies, rules and procedures of ZMC, including those set in the Employee and Staff handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees. The job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description is subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by ZMC. Employees are required to comply with instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by the Director.
I acknowledge that I have read, understand and will follow the duties, procedures, and policies outlined in this job description.