Dear ZMC Community,
We hope that you are doing well and that you are boosting your immune system by spending time outside, playing and exercising, thinking loving, grateful kind thoughts, being kind to others and to yourself, meditating, practicing Yoga, Qi-Gong, practicing Wim Hof and yogic style breathwork, breathing more through your nose (and less through your mouth), getting plenty of sleep, getting massage, stretching, bouncing on trampolines, drinking plenty of water and taking things like vitamin D, zinc, quercetin. As part of our Covid-19 response, we’ve been focusing on boosting our immune systems in many of the above ways. We care about you and your health and hope that you are finding ways to proactively boost your immune system too. As you know, receiving a massage can definitely help with that goal.
The State of Utah continues its risk level as yellow/low for SW Utah.
While in the yellow/low phase or unless the State of Utah changes its recommendations, ZMC has implemented the following guidelines in an effort to keep the public, our students, and staff members safe:
- All classes are held live and on-site.
- ZMC encourages all students and staff members to visit the State of Utah Coronavirus webpage at https://coronavirus.utah.gov/ for updated information and to help them make decisions about their health choices.
- Please wear a face covering when in the school’s lobby. ZMC will continue a request for staff, students, and clients to wear masks when they are closer in proximity than 6 feet from each other. However, with the exception of the school’s lobby (where all individuals must wear a face covering), we will not be enforcing the mask rule. With the exception of the public lobby area, it will be up to individuals to determine what best meets their health needs.
- ZMC asks that any student, staff member or client that is feeling ill or has any of the symptoms of Covid 19 to stay at home and refrain from interacting with others until the symptoms resolve. Please be respectful and look out for the health of both yourself and of others.
- During the operation of the Student Massage Therapy Clinic we have discontinued the use of hand towels/hot towels and will not be using the hot towel cabbies. The AshiBar Spa Advanced Student Practitioners and LMTs will continue to use hot towels in their treatments. Hot Towels will also be available for student Ashiatsu, Thai Massage and Reflexology sessions.
- During the operation of the Student Massage Therapy Clinic, clients and staff members will be asked to confirm that they feel healthy and well and that they do not have any of the symptoms of Covid-19.
- During the operation of the Massage Therapy Clinic, student therapists and clients will be asked to have masks available and to wear their face-covering in the public lobby area at ZMC. After arriving in the treatment space, the therapist and client will be allowed to determine if they will be wearing face masks during the massage.
Please be advised that low risk means that the State still recommends social distancing of 6 feet. Additionally, the face mask recommendation is still in effect. All individuals are still advised to wear a face mask when social distancing is difficult to maintain. We will also continue to verify with clients, staff members, and students that they are Covid-19 symptom-free.
As a reminder, please remember to be considerate of others and to stay home if you are feeling any symptoms of Covid-19. Please also remember to wash and/or sanitize your hands before touching your mask in any way such as putting on, adjusting or removing your mask.
Common symptoms of Covid 19 can be found on the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fsymptoms.html
We appreciate the kindness, respect and patience that you have shown during this difficult time.