The State of Utah continues its risk level as yellow/low for SW Utah.
Please be advised that low risk means that the State still recommends social distancing of 6 feet. Additionally, the face mask recommendation is still in effect. All individuals are still advised to wear a face mask when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
For the period of July 1st – 15th the following guidelines will remain in place at ZMC in an effort to keep the public, our students, and staff members safe:
- All Massage Therapy classes are held on-site.
- ZMC encourages all students and staff members to visit the State of Utah Coronavirus webpage at https://coronavirus.utah.gov/ for updated information and to help them make decisions about their health choices.
- ZMC will continue a request for staff, students, and clients to wear masks when they are closer in proximity than 6 feet from each other. However, we will not be enforcing this rule. It will be up to individuals to determine what best meets their health needs.
- ZMC asks that any student, staff member, or client that is feeling ill or has any of the symptoms of COVID 19 to stay at home and refrain from interacting with others until the symptoms resolve. Please be respectful and look out for the health of both yourself and others.
- During the operation of the Student Massage Therapy Clinic for the period of July 1st – 15th, we will be discontinuing the use of hand towels/hot towels and will not be using the hot towel cabbies. Student Practitioners will continue to use hot towels in their treatments. Hot Towels will also be available for Ashiatsu, Thai Massage and Reflexology sessions.
- During the operation of the Student Massage Therapy Clinic, ZMC will continue to test the temperature of all staff members, student therapists, student practitioners and clients. If a student, staff member or client has a temperature over 100.3 or has symptoms of illness including any Covid-19 symptoms, they will be asked to return home and will not be eligible to participate in work or school that day. If a student therapist is unwilling to have their temperature taken or to verify that they are symptom-free, they may delay the completion of their clinical internship and may choose to refrain from participation in the clinic for the two week period of July 1st – 15th.
- During the operation of the Massage Therapy Clinic, student therapists and clients will be asked to have masks available. The therapist and client will be allowed to determine if they will be wearing face masks during the massage.
Thanks for your patience and understanding with this situation. We appreciate the kindness, respect, and patience that you have shown during this difficult time.